These are pretty standard, I think. But just in case, here you go:
- ground meat, beef/turkey (little more than 1 lb)
- 1/4 c. brown sugar
- 2 t. steak seasoning blend
- 1/2 to whole onion, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 T. vinegar (red wine)
- 1 T. Worchestershire sauce
- 2 c. tomato sauce
- 2 T. tomato paste
- olive oil
1. Heat large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add oil to pan (about 1 T.) and beef, spreading it out and breaking it up as it cooks.
3. Combine sugar and steak seasoning and add to skillet to combine.
4. When meat has browned, add onion and pepper. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 5 minutes.
5. Add vinegar, stirring briefly to reduce, then add Worchestershire, tomato sauce and paste, and sit to combine. Reduce heat to simmer and cook for another 5 minutes.
6. Spoon onto hamburger buns.
7. Serve with Spiced Fries.
Feeling adventurous? Try some different variations of this otherwise classic sandwich. Meal tinkering is fun! *B