Friday, December 01, 2006

Meals for the Month (December)

In all honesty, I only have about 25 meals planned, because we'll be visiting family the rest of the month. Another confession: I do not pretend that I follow through on every meal plan that I have ever made, and being the realist that is me, I don't plan on following through. So, in addition to my shopping tips, feel free to pick up a can of soup, a frozen dinner, or set aside some money to go out to dinner (yay for dollar menus)! Something is always bound to fall through and I can guarantee that there will be days that no one feels like cooking anything! With that said, here's my meal list for this month. If you are interested in what my shopping list looks like, then please let me know and I can get it to you. As of now though, I'll hold off on posting it.

I've also created a meal methodology, because it's how my brain works. This month I kept it relatively simple. But last month I had every day setup as stovetop/crockpot/bake days. But here's this month's key:
Crockpot Meals- gotta love those slow cookers! Brilliant!
TGIF/FunNight Meals- usually soup with grilled cheese (bread and cheese is a luxury in our family, so it makes our nights extra special and fun).
LEFTOVERS- with many people traveling this month, it's important to make sure your fridge is cleaned out, not just thrown out. Especially if you have two small fridges like me... Leftovers come before the next shopping spree (I go 2-3 times a month) and any vacation.
Veggie Nights- to help save money otherwise spent on what I like to call, expensive proteins (aka. meat), and to help save your heart/body and soul :) Let's hear it for vegetables!!!
Also worth mentioning: Sunday Meals- We'd like to grill on Sundays with the rest of the Peppy Gang (or else a dinner invite; please oh please oh please). Most likely, we will be eating those planned-for-failed-planning meals I mentioned.

And without further adieu, here is my beloved list. I'll come back every now and then and link each meal to its respective recipe, m'k?

Friday-1: Hearty Tomato Stoup w/ Grilled Cheese Sammies
Saturday-2: Those Crazy Poultry! Tacos
Sunday-3: Chicken Parm... igiana w/ pasta and My Marinara

Monday-4: Veggies and Rice (yogurt peanut sauce)
Tuesday-5: Pecan Crusted Chicken Salad
Wednesday-6: Hamburgers & Onion Rings
Thursday-7: Broccoli soup
Friday-8: Skillet Pizza
Saturday-9: Chicken Enchiladas
Sunday-10: Grilling w/ Fancy Schmancy Rice and some Vegs.

Monday-11: Italian Stew
Tuesday-12: Thai-Vietnamese Salad
Wednesday-13: Sloppy Joe-Schmoes w/ Spiced Fries
Thursday-14: Chicken Taco Filling
Friday-15: Thirteen Bean Soup w/ Cornbread Muffins and Honey Butter
Saturday-16: LEFTOVERS
Sunday-17: Grilling w/ Fancy Schmancy Rice and some Vegs.

Monday-18: Meat Loaf
Tuesday-19: Spicy Chic- Buffalo Sandwiches
Wednesday-20: Nachos
Thursday-21: Chicken Crock Pie
Friday-22: Salad: Blue Cheese, Toasted Walnuts and Sweetness
Saturday-23: LEFTOVERS w/ a reward (aka dessert: Coconut Balls)
Sunday- 24, Christmas Eve: Tortilla Soup w/ Grilled Cheese Sammies (dessert: Hot Caramel Apples)

Monday-25, Christmas morning: Pumpkin Spiced Pancakes and Hot Minty Malts

No comments: