Well, there's nothing really to say about this, except that I've been on a Mexican food-trip lately... I sure hope I'm not pregnant. I shouldn't be!!! Mmm, mexican pizza, or in this case, enchiladas!
3 chicken breasts (skinless, boneless, etc.)
1 small/medium onion
1/2 c. sour cream
1 c. shredded cheese
1 green bell pepper, chopped
2 T. fresh parsley (optional)
1 can of sliced olives, drained (opt)
2/3 c. water
1 T. chili powder
1/2 t. dried oregano leaves (optional)
1/4 t. cumin
1 can green chilies, drained (and chopped if needed)
1 clove garlic, diced finely
1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
8 corn tortillas
1. Heat oven to 350.
2. Cut up chicken and cook; add onion, cook.
3. Mix the cheese, sour cream, parsley and pepper; set aside.
4. Heat remaining ingredients except tortillas to boiling, stirring occasionally; reduce heat. (If you don't care for crunchy bell peppers, go ahead and add them with the onion, in step 2 and they'll be nice and soft). Simmer uncovered, about 5 minutes.
5. Dip each torilla into the sauce, making sure to coat both sides.
6. Mix the chicken and cheese mixture for filling. Spoon about 1/4 c. onto each tortilla and roll it up. Place seam side down in baking dish.
7. Pour remaining sauce over enchiladas and top with more shredded cheese; bake uncovered for 20 minutes or until bubbly.
8. Let it sit a bit to "solidify" and then serve with a green salad.