This is one of my very favorite slow cooker recipes. You can complete this meal one of three ways. A) with a pie shell: after filling is cooked, top with frozen pie shell (can be homemade, but needs to be frozen or at least severely chilled, and bake in oven- after removing the pot from the heating element of course, or; B) serve with biscuits on top, or; C) serve with mashed potatoes. I've done all the above and they're equally great! Like I said, a favorite, a real hum-dinger!
- Frozen veggies classic mix, 12 oz (redhydrated in chicken broth)
- 2-3 chicken breasts -or- 1 can chicken, drained
- 12 oz. chicken/turkey gravy (you can make your own from a roux + broth, or; find a jar of it, or; prepare a gravy mix from an envelope)
- 1 t. dried thyme, crushed
- salt to taste
1. Place vegetables in slow cooker and top with chicken.
2. Stir together gravy and thyme and pour over turkey.
3. Cover and cook on low 6-7 hours.
4. Serve according to your fancy, as listed in the introduction.