This just sounded too good and festive to pass up! I haven't tried it yet either, but I am dang excited! This would be real good served with some vanilla ice cream (Breyer's) or egg nog, or both! Yay for Christmas and the absence of scales and inhibitions!
- 4 large tart apples, cored
- 8 T. brown sugar
- 4 T. butter
- 1/4 t. cinnamon
- 1/2 c. apple juice
- 12 red-hot candies
- 8 caramels
1. Peel about 3/4 inches off the top of each apple; place in crock-pot.
2. Pour juice over apples.
3. Fill the center of each apple with 2 T. sugar, three red-hots, 1 T. butter and two caramels.
4. Sprinkle with cinnamon; cover.
5. Cook on low 4-6 hours or until the apples are tender.
6. Eat your dinner! Now you may proceed to the next step.
7. Serve cooked the bound-to-be-delish apples with toasted nuts/oatmeal.