Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Nachos

Seriously, I am all about these easy meals! Well, mostly, as I do have my share of the more involved type... Put together whatever you like to eat with chips. And you can melt some cheese on top of your chips in the micro or in the oven if you'd like. As for me, I think I'll go with naked chips and play dress up with all the fixins!

Ingredients:
  • 1 can refried beans (Taco Bell's brand, the fat-free no lard kind. Don't worry, we'll doctor it up, it tastes just fine! Trust me).
  • 1 can olives, sliced, drained
  • Sour cream (light or reduced fat, in case I haven't mentioned it before)
  • Guacamole (aka: avocados smashed w/ lime juice and salt-pepper and a bit of salsa)
  • Salsa
  • Shredded Cheese
  • Tomatoes, chopped
  • Green onions, sliced
  • Tortilla chips (you can fry/bake up your own if you wish)

Directions:
1. Heat up refried beans and mix with a splash of salsa and some cheese.
2. Set everything up buffet style. Or you can go through the hassle of layering it.
3. Eat up!

PS- You also have the option of cooking some ground beef and when you add some lettuce, voila, a taco salad!

No comments: