Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Spiced Fries

I don't really have any exact measurements on this one. I eyeball it, and add the spices as looks fair... so try your best! But these are so great, and good for you too! We used to make these all the time, when we had an oven. Heck, I'm going to start back up with them now that we have a larger toaster oven. Have at them!

Ingredients:
  • 4 medium potatoes (about 1-2 per person)
  • 1 small onion, finely chopped
  • chili powder to taste/look
  • cayenne to taste
  • paprika to taste/look (just because it makes it look hotter than it is because of its beautiful color. In all honesty, paprika is a safe flavor and only the true food snobs and connoisseurs can tell if it's there or not)
  • garlic & herb seasoning, to taste
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • olive oil

Directions:
1. Heat oven to 450. Spray a lipped cookie/baking sheet with olive oil (you can brush it on, or use a cooking spray. As for me, I LOVE my Pampered Chef non-aerosal pump!).
2. Cut potatoes into fries, depending on your thickness preferences, place in a mixing-sized bowl. I said nothing about peeling them! But if you must... you're just missing out on all of the nutrition and goodness!
3. Toss potatoes in olive oil (just drizzle it in there, enough to coat) and add the seasonings; mix altogether, with your beautiful hands (I'd take on any jewlery beforehand if I were you).
4. Place on baking sheet in a single layer. Bake uncovered 20-25 minutes, turning occasionally, until done (poke them and you'll know!)

PS- I have this seasoning blend called Cajun Seasoning. You could just use that and forego all the others listed here. It might be a bit spicy though! And if you're sensitive to hot food, then make an herb version of this. I also make these as roasted rosemary and Italian seasoned potatoes. But to go with the sloppy joes, just use salt, pepper and paprika. Those are pretty safe for the sensitive ones out there!

1 comment:

{B}dreamy said...

Or try using sweet potatoes! *B