I have yet to make this. But it will soon be in production, today! So perhaps you might want to try this out with me at the same time. So whatever floats your boat (or sinks it for that matter). It sounds good though, and real easy with little fancy ingredients. Heck, it barely has any ingredients at all, and anything "ostentatious" is optional! Check it-
- 1/2 c. soy sauce (reduced sodium, preferred)
- 1/2 c. honey
- 2 T. sesame seeds ("optional"- but not really! See comments.)
- 4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (the less chicken, the more sauce... choose your poison).
1. Mix together everything but the chicken.
2. Place the bird breasts in the slow cooker, spooning 2 T. of sauce over each piece. Pour any remaining sauce over top after the pot is full o' chicken.
3. Cover and cook on low 4-6 hours.
4. Serve with rice (jasmine; ideally brown jasmine, found in most expensive whole food markets *sigh*)
PS- I think I will cut up some green onions (from the garden!) and adorn my meal with them. I'll probably also serve it all with some cooked frozen veggies. Note: since we're placing the meat on the bottom of the crockpot, I believe it is safe to use frozen breasts cooked for 6 hours. And I almost always recommend cooking everything real slow, meaning on low (unless you're in a pinch). But even then, I never cook anything faster in the crock than 4 hours.