Now, these might sound similar to your grandma's German pancakes, puffin cake, popovers or puffy oven pancake. And it kinda is ;) But this version, like the custom crepes, are dairy free. And they're made in a muffin tin. And I can guarantee that our topping of choice will knock your socks off!
- 2 T. butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c. rice milk
- 1/4 t. salt
- fresh lemons
- powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Divide butter equally into muffin tin and melt butter in the oven.
- Beat eggs in a bowl. Then beat in flour, rice milk and salt. Be careful not to overbeat.
- Pour batter evenly into muffin tin. Bake for 12 minutes, or until puffy and golden.
- Serve warm. Squeeze lemon juice generously, and sprinkle with copious amounts of powdered sugar.
Boy howdy, are these things tasty! Maybe not the best thing for you, but eaten every once in a while turns it into a real treat. Especially with the lemon-sugar combo. Reminds me of lemon bars! I'm sure these would be great with jam, or syrup, but why bother ;) In all honesty though, these would be pretty good served savory, too. Try them with the Chicken Crock Pie recipe. Mmmm. Or, you can just stick to the sugared lemon topping. I wouldn't blame you either way! *B