There's this DARLING tea house close to where I live. Ooh, I love a good cuppa... Can't wait until it gets cooler here! Then it's tea (and soup) time, my favorite. Anyone interested in a tea party? Anyway, one day I went with my mom to this lovely tea house and was spoiled with tea, fresh fruit, tea sandwiches, scones, lemon curd, and pastries. And soup. They served this tomato bisque that was so lip-smackingly delicious that it was borderline rude. Here we are, trying to be civilized and fancy-ish, and we're licking our bowls clean! As you can imagine, the soup bewitched me and I vowed then and there to make something similar. And I believe I have :)
- 1 can tomato soup
- 1 can mushroom soup
- 1 can diced/crushed tomatoes
- 1.5 can of water
- 1 t. beef bouillon
- 2 T. brown sugar
- basil and garlic seasoning, to taste (about 1/2 t. each, if you must know)
- 2 handfuls of frozen raviolis (spinach & mushroom) -or- dried mini raviolis
- Combine soups, tomatoes and water in soup pot. Bring to a boil.
- Add bouillon, sugar and seasoning. Reduce to simmer.
- Add raviolis and cook until tender. Remove and chop raviolis; return to soup and stir.
- Serve with Parmesan cheese, if desired.