These babies are beyond versatile! They can be sweet or savory; it just depends on what you fill them with. And they freeze beautifully. This is your basic crepe recipe, with just a little tinkering... I haven't tried making whole-wheat crepes, and I don't think I ever will! That's what pancakes/tortillas are for ;)
- 1 1/2 c. unbleached, all-purpose flour
- 1 T. unrefined sugar (but not coarse)
- 1/2 t. baking powder
- 1/2 t. salt
- 2 c. rice milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 t. vanilla (omit for savory crepes)
- butter or non-stick spray
- Measure flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients and beat until smooth.
- Heat non-stick skillet over medium heat. Melt butter, or spray pan, and pour just enough batter to cover bottom of pan. When bubbles start to form and the edges start to curl, carefully flip the crepe and cook for another minute or so. Both sides should be golden.
- Fill crepe with fillings of choice. Roll up and enjoy!