I might be biased, but these are amazing! What can I say, I like my cooking ;) But, I will have you know that my husband will eat three before I notice and yell at him. And my coworkers will hoard them, and fight over the last one. And my husband's coworkers will beg him to share, and make him promise to bring more. So, I think it's safe to say that these are indeed pretty tasty... and very aromatic!
- 2 eggs
- 1 c. pumpkin puree
- 1/2 c. unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1/4 c. agave nectar
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1/3 c. unbleached white flour
- 1/3 c. wheat flour
- 1/3 c. wheat germ
- 1/2 cup oats (thrown in a blender until fine)
- 1/2 T. gluten
- 2 t. baking powder
- 1/2 t. baking soda
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1 1/2 t. cinnamon
- 1/4 t. ground cloves
- 1/4 t. allspice
- 1/4 t. ginger
- 2 dashes of nutmeg
- 1 dash of black pepper
- 1/2 c. walnuts (thrown in a blender until fine)
- 1/3 - 1/2 c. chocolate chips
- In one bowl, mix all the dry ingredients. Add chocolate chips (and nuts) and toss. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix together the wet ingredients. Fold the dry into the wet, being careful not to over-mix.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin tin. Bake at 350 for 22 minutes.
These smell sooooo good. They smell great before you even start baking them! And it only gets better in your mouth. Seriously, the spicy aromas coat your mouth and nose with Autumnal goodness. Like I said, amazing. And what's even more amazing is that these are healthy! They easily have twice the amount of fiber of your normal pumpkin muffin. They have 1/3 less sugar, too. And they're made without any oil, shortening or butter. Moist, fragrant, and deceptively delicious. Like I said, amazing.*B