Just be careful with the consistency here. Add less or more yogurt/ sour cream to match properly with your potato amount... and taste test (as always) for the right seasonings amount. Serve with bacon wrapped chicken.
- 2 potatoes, cleaned and "forked"
- olive oil
- 1 can mushrooms
- 1/4 onion, diced
- garlic, minced (1 clove at most)
- dried thyme, to taste
- S&P, to taste
- 1/4 c. plain yogurt OR fat-free sour cream
- shredded cheese (1 oz. per person)
1. Heat a little bit of olive oil in skillet. Microwave potatoes, rotating half-way through nuking (and preheat the broiler while you're at it).
2. Add mushrooms and onions; cook/saute.
3. Add garlic, thyme, S&P.
4. Cook, stirring frequently.
5. Cut cooked potatoes in half and scoop out the insides (be careful- don't rip the skins).
6. In a bowl, mash potatoes with yogurt until combined.
7. Stir in the sauteed mix and add some shredded cheese (1/2 oz. per person) and more S&P if needed.
8. Mound filling back into potato skins and top with rest of cheese; place on a baking sheet and under the broiler until light brown (3-4 minutes).