This is my easy-speedy version. By all means, pound out your chicken, roll them up, dip them in buttermilk, coat them in cornflakes and such and bake. But as for me and my household…
- 2-4 chicken breasts
- cheese (Swiss, but we’re using Mozzarella b/c it’s what we have on hand), 1 oz. per person
- ham slices, slice per person
- seasonings to taste
1. Butterfly chicken.
2. Place a slice of ham and an ounce of cheese (about the size of a domino) in each breast.
3. Sandwich it all together and season both sides of chicken with salt, pepper, parsley and thyme (it sometimes helps to have just a bit of olive oil on there before seasoning).
4. Cook – we’ll be using our George Foreman. I’m sure this would be insanely good on an outdoor grill, but pan cooking, or even baking, is just fine.
5. Serve with Roasted Broccoli.
* An even easier option (can you believe it?!) would be to just cook some seasoned chicken and top it with ham and cheese, pop it under the broiler for a bit and bam, you’re done…