This stoup has everything you'll ever want or need in a pizza! Minus the crust. But the quick solution to that problem is to serve it with bread-sticks ;) Anyway, if there's a particular ingredient you would/wouldn't like on your pizza, then don't put it in the soup!
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can mushrooms OR 8 oz. fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 c. bell peppers, chopped
- 1 c. pepperoni slices, chopped
- 1/2 c. ham, chopped
- 1/2 c. sausage*
- 1 can Cannelini beans, drained and rinsed
- 28 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 2-3 c. beef broth
- 1 bay leaf
- Italian Seasoning, to taste
- brown sugar, to taste (depends on how sweet a sauce you want)
- Dried Basil, to taste
- Parmesan cheese
- olive oil
- salt & pepper, to taste
1. Heat a soup pot to medium high. Add just a little (half T. at most) olive oil, and then add sausage and ham.
2. Brown meat and then add onion, mushrooms, and bell pepper.
3. Season with spices; add pepperoni and tomatoes.
4. Stir in broth and bring to boil; simmer 15-30 minutes.
*you can use ground Italian sausage, or slice sausage links. I like to use those specialty chicken sausages, like Amy's... low in fat but very high in flavor! *B