I am the self proclaimed quiche queen... Just in case you didn't know ;) These also freeze great and can be used as fillings for breakfast burritos. A very versatile and overall awesome recipe!
- 4 eggs
- 1 c. cottage cheese
- 1 c. shredded cheese (Romano/Parmesan is amazing, but cheddar is good too)
- salt & pepper, to taste
- garlic & herb blend, to taste (opt)
- dash of nutmeg (opt)
- dash of cayenne pepper (opt)
- 1/2 zucchini, finely chopped
- 1 c. chopped mushrooms
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 c. prepared hashbrowns (reconstituted dehydrated ones)
- 1/2 tomato, chopped
- 1/2 c. ham, chopped (opt)
Preheat oven to 350.
1. Beat eggs in large bowl. Mix in cottage cheese and shredded cheese; add spices.
2. You can either throw in all your veggies raw, or you can lightly saute the onion, mushrooms and zucchini in olive oil.
3. Add the fillers to your quiche base and mix together.
4. Pour into prepared/DeMarle muffin pan and bake for 20-30 minutes, or until set. You could also pour into a prepared square baking dish and bake for 30-45 minutes, or until set. Serve warm.
*The first three ingredients are my base in any quiche I make. Vary the additional ingredients (fillers) according to your taste and pleasure. I like mine as a garden veggie quiche (so, minus the ham), but I also make a mean ham and cheese quiche (minus all veggies except potatoes and zucchini). It just depends on what you prefer that day! *B