My mother in law makes these with whole spelt, and they are amazing! So light and fluffy... But since we try to avoid gluten, we make these with whole millet instead. Still just as tasty :)
• 1 c. whole millet/spelt
• 1 c. milk (DF milks work well)
• 2 eggs
• 1/3 c. applesauce OR 1 banana, pureed
• 1 T. honey OR maple syrup
• ½ t. salt
• 1 T. baking powder
• 2 T. ground flax
1. Soak millet/spelt in 2 c. water for 8 hours.
2. Drain millet/spelt; add ingredients to blender and blend till smooth.
3. Heat pan over medium heat, grease with butter or coconut oil, and add ¼ c. batter; cook until bubbles start to form. Flip and cook until both sides are golden brown.