This soup is smooth and creamy, without the dairy. It's naturally nutritious, and deceivingly delicious :)
- 5 medium-small russet potatoes, cut into 2 inch chunks -or- 1 2lb bag of country style hashbrowns (frozen/rehydrated)
- 3 smallish carrots, cut into 2 inch segments -or- 1 can carrots, drained -or- 1/2 lb carrots (frozen/rehydrated)
- 1/2 onion, chopped -or- 1-2 T. dried onions
- 6 c. water
- 1 c. milk (DF works fine)
- 2 T. chicken bouillon (MSG-free please!)
- 1/2 c. white beans, drained & rinsed (opt)
- 1/2 c. sweet potato puree -or- pumpkin puree
- 4 T. butter (1/2 stick)
- dash of nutmeg
- dash of paprika
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 small bag frozen vegetables, Normandy style (redhydrated in chicken broth)
- 2 handfuls of shredded rotisserie chicken -or- 1 can chicken, drained (opt)
- Place potatoes, carrots and onions into large soup pot. Add water, then add salt until water tastes salty.
- Bring to a boil, and cook until veggies are tender. Add bouillon, then (s)mash potatoes and carrots. Blend with a hand mixer until smooth. Reduce heat to simmer.
- In a food processor, add sweet potato puree and white beans and process until smooth. Add puree blend to soup. Blend with hand mixer until smooth. Add spices and stir.
- Add frozen vegetables and chicken and heat through. Garnish with shredded cheese and green onions.
This is perfect for those avoiding or limiting dairy. It looks and tastes cheesey! But if you're wanting to cheat, you can top your bowl with a handful of cheese and only feel slightly guilty ;) Change up your mixings and fixings and slurp to your heart's content! *B