Guess what?! You can make microwave popcorn, from scratch!!! I got the idea from Our Best Bites, but made a minor tweak here and there... It's cheap and beyond easy, and there's no fake nothin' about it. Just pure yumminess :)
- scant 1/4 c. popcorn kernels
- 1 T. butter
- 1 t. canola oil (you can use a good flavored olive oil, too)
- 1/8 t. salt
- scant 1 T. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 brown paper bag
- Pour popcorn kernels into bag. Flatten out bag and then fold the top of the bag over twice. Make two notches about 1.5 inches apart, and fold flap over (see picture).
- Place bag in microwave and cook for a little over 2 minutes, depending on your micro. Mine turns out great at 2:15, with just a few kernels unpopped.
- Lightly shake bag and dump popcorn into a medium bowl; set aside.
- Melt butter (about 15 seconds in the zapper); add oil and salt and stir well.
- Pour butter mixture over popcorn and immediately toss. Add Parmesan and toss to coat.