Saturday, February 24, 2007

Protein Bars

I've made these a few times now, and I rather like them. I eat one of these bad boys every morning for breakfast, with a protein shake. However, if you're expecting these to taste like brownies, you will sadly be mistaken! They taste like healthy food, which I happen to like (you know me...). And there are some really "good" protein bars out there that taste like candy! But I HATE, read it, HATE, sugar substitutes and their aftertaste. Also, I happen to have these ingredients on hand. So, I guess what I'm getting at is don't try these unless you really think you'll like them, because you'll end up spending a lot of money (if you don't already have said stuff) just to throw them away. The original recipe can be found here (love Alton Brown).

a click on image = a readable recipe

Nutrition Information
(per 2 inch squares):
159.04 Calories; 22.4 g. carbohydrates; 8.45 g. protein;
4.79 g. fat; 2.31 g. fiber; 91.96 mg sodium; 17.78 mg. cholesterol


Credits: Shabby Princess, Misprinted Type, and Margarete Antonio.

No comments: