Sorry I didn't get this out sooner... it is pretty basic though. So I'm just going to write this as we made it and feel free to make your own substitutions (for the mushrooms, dairy and noodles).
- 1.5 lb lean beef stewing meat, trimmed of fat and sliced
- 1/2 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- black pepper, to taste
- 3 cans of mushrooms (or 1 lb fresh)
- 1 can cream of 'shroom soup
- 1/2 c. beef broth (this is because our meat was frozen and the liquid that was bound to melt was enough for the dish... the original recipe called for 1 cup)
- 1 c. plain yogurt (or fat-free/fat-full sour cream)
1. Combine everything but the dairy in slow cooker.
2. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours (frozen or unfrozen alike).
3. Stir in dairy and serve warm.
4. Serve with cooked whole wheat pasta or brown rice (or no-yolk noodles).