A basic Italian dish with the main flavor derived from the bell peppers. Serve with lots of Parmesan and shredded Mozzarella, and some nice yummy, crusty bread... mmmmm. Risotto would also go well with this, in place of the bread (if you're watching your carbs per meal).
- 2-4 chicken breasts
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Italian Seasoning, to taste
- 1/3 orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1/3 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tomato, de-seeded and chopped
- 1 can mushrooms
- zucchini & squash, chopped, to taste (opt.)
- 7 oz. tomato sauce/ pureed tomato
- 1/2 c. chicken broth
- olive oil - no more than 2 T.
1. Heat oil in pan and brown chicken on both sides.
2. Add veggies, except tomato; cover and cook for five minutes, toss if needed.
3. Add seasoning and tomato, stir.
4. Add tomato sauce and chicken broth; bring to bubble and cook till chicken is done.