I also call this "poor man's fancy ramen." I invented this soup a while ago, when money was tight and so was time. Isn't that always the case, though? Anyway, it's a great way to really stretch your wallet and use up what's in your fridge/pantry. Super cheap. Super easy. It's super soup!
- 4 c. chicken broth
- 1 t. garlic, minced
- 1 green onion, diced (opt)
- handful of spinach
- 1/2 c. fresh/frozen/canned mixed vegetables
- 1/2 can mushrooms, drained (opt)
- 2 T. soy sauce
- 2 T. honey/brown sugar
- 2 T. coconut oil
- 1/2 t. ginger
- dash of cayenne (opt)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 package of prepared pad thai noodles -or- handful of wantons
- Bring broth to a boil and add coconut oil.
- Add garlic, onions, spinach and frozen veggies. Reduce heat to simmer.
- Add soy sauce, ginger and cayenne. Stir.
- While whisking soup, add beaten eggs.
- Stir in noodles and heat through.
Tip: If you want more protein, add a handful or two of cooked, shredded chicken. Add as much cayenne as you want spice. Other yummy add-ins are mushrooms, celery, bok choy and brown rice. I forget how much I like this soup until I make it, and then I wonder why I don't make it more often! And believe it or not, my kids love it, too. Family tested, budget approved soup for you. *B