Thursday, June 09, 2011

Energizing Green Drink


Growing up my mom would occasionally make us a green drink with parsley and spinach.  I loved them!  But she never had a specific recipe (she never does).  So I came up with my own... In college, my friends/roommates were seriously disturbed with my blended beverages, and none were brave enough to try them.  I think they might have attempted an intervention of sorts, they were that worried about me.  During my final year at school, I made a green drink as part of a presentation for my classmates.  Most tried it, and several liked it.  Take that, roommates!  And thank you mom for raising me proper :) 

Ingredients:
  • 2 c. pineapple juice
  • 1 T. chia seeds (opt)
  • 1 handful fresh parsley, trimmed
  • 1 handful baby spinach, frozen
  • 1 tiny cucumber, peeled & frozen (about 4 inches)
  • 1 celery stalk, frozen
Directions:
  1. Place ingredients in order as listed in a blender.  Blend on high until super smooth.  If you don't have frozen veggies, then throw in a couple of ice cubes.  Serve cold.
The pineapple juice makes for a really sweet drink, but balances nicely with the rest of the ingredients.  If you don't like parsley (Mandi), then replace it with another handful of spinach.   If you don't like cucumbers, substitute zucchini.  If it's too sweet for you, try it with half juice and half water.  Just make it work for you... Because if you're feeling sluggish and need a little fresh pick me up, this oughta do it!  *B

2 comments:

Jen said...

Um, LOOK AT YOUR KITCHEN!!! I Love it!

{B}dreamy said...

Thanks! I do, too :) Maybe you should come see it in person... *B