Friday, June 10, 2011

blend it up


I've had a VitaMix for most of my married life.  My in-laws offered us the choice of said blender or a karaoke machine for Christmas, and I've been happy with our choice ever since :)  It really is one of my most prized possessions... I even grabbed my blender alongside precious family photos during a fire evacuation in CA.  It's my other baby, and I use it all the time.  I make sure to bring it to any class I teach; it gets the job done!

Now, if you're in the market for a high-end blender, I would definitely recommend a VitaMix or the Blendtec.  Check out the reviews at Got Greens? and Blend Happy for a side-by-side comparison.  I prefer the VitaMix because it's straight forward.  I can control my blending with the flip of a switch, or the turn of a dial.  I don't care for high-tech buttons or display screens, or preset blending options.  And I like using the tamper for making frozen yogurt.  Besides, VitaMix has been around longer (since the 1940's).  It's a solid, well built machine.  It's also the machine used by Starbucks, Jamba Juice and Food Network's Iron Chef.  And it's the machine for me :)

If you're serious about raw/wholefood blending, then you need a serious blender.  Otherwise you'll find yourself forever chopping, peeling, coring and hulling.  And you'll probably have issues with leaking, overheating, not-so-smooth smoothies, etc.  You'd be better off putting your money toward something that'll really blend.  Your health, and the health of your family, is definitely worth it.  *B

No comments: