You will never have tastier french toast than this... You're welcome. Perhaps I should be apologizing? Oh well ;)
- 1 c. packed brown sugar
- ½ c. butter
- 2 large tart apples, sliced
- 3 eggs
- 1 c. milk (psst - rice milk works great, too)
- 1 t. vanilla
- 9 slices French bread
- In small saucepan, cook brown sugar and butter until thick about 5-7 minutes.
- Pour into ungreased 9 x 13 baking pan. Arrange apples on top.
- In mixing bowl, beat eggs, milk and vanilla.
- Dip bread slices into the egg mixture and place over apples.
- Cover and refrigerate over night.
- Remove from the fridge 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
And there you have it! I'll have you know that it is even great eaten cold (after it's been baked, of course). Enjoy (you can simultaneously bless/curse my name afterwards)! *B