Tuesday, February 19, 2008

crafty juice

Now I realize this may not work for some of the older picky kids/adults. But I can still get away with it with my son and I plan on raising him on this stuff. In fact, any time I get my blender out, he starts dancing around and singing the juice song! Awesome :)

Ingredients:
  • Uh, anything in the fridge/freezer/pantry; such as carrots, spinach, parsley, celery, zucchini, squash, apples, bananas, strawberries, blueberries, and almost any other fruit in there really... although oranges tend to it pulpy
  • juice concentrate (pineapple, orange, grape, apple)
Directions:
  • Don't forget to pre-wash your produce! This is a raw fruit/veggie juice. We want to get rid of those nasty pesticides and waxes. But if you happen to have some steamed fruit/veggie puree sitting around, or cans of fruit (no sugar please), then by all means, throw those in too!
  • Now there are a couple of ways to do this. If you want a strict green drink then make up half a can of pineapple juice and blend it with an entire spinach bunch, parsley bunch, and two ribs of celery. Blend until smooth (it will get frothy). Add more water/juice if it's too thick.
  • The other version of this is to throw everything you can fit into your blender, add a cup of water and blend till smooth. Then add a scoop or two of frozen juice concentrate of your choice (I like grape).
NOTE: if you use anything green, it will most likely be green or brown (unless you did a breakfast drink with frozen strawberries and spinach). Like I said, my son expects it to be this color and it does not in the least bit deter him from sucking it down. Although the little boy I tend is not as familiar with it but happily drinks it, too. It's like if there's even the slightest hint of it being sweet and you call it juice, they'll drink it. Awesome. Also, if it sits in the fridge for a few days, it tends to get thick real fast. I end up just watering it down with water each time I pour it into a cup...

No comments: