Tuesday, February 19, 2008

being crafty in the kitchen

I have yet to read "Deceptively Delicious" but I have read my very own copy of "The Sneaky Chef" and LOVE it. Here's the deal: it's more than sneaking vegetables to my kid. I love being able to pack more nutritional punch into my meals. You know me ;) What's more, I realized that I'm rather sneaky myself (imagine that!) and that I've been hiding a few ingredients on my own. And I thought I'd share some of my healthy concoctions. Just a little FYI though. I am not going to sit here and lie to you and tell you that carrot sticks taste just as good as taquitos. I'm not stupid. I have taste buds. Instead, I will share with you a few tricks that may not taste as good as the real thing, but they either taste pretty darn close or that what they may lack in taste they more than make up for in nutrition. Once again, keep in mind that I love to eat and I love food (being an Italian and all). I admit that some healthy stuff tastes gross and even I won't eat it (at least not willingly). But I believe I have found that happy medium in my cooking, and I hope you can find some balance in yours :)

All you need is a fruit & veggie wash, a peeler and a food processor --or in my case, a VitaMix. LOVE it! Happy healthy eating/drinking! *B

1 comment:

princess jen said...

I have both out from the library right now. I'm not that impressed with Deceptively Delicious but I am LOVING the Sneaky Chef. I can't wait until her next book comes out "How to Cheat on your Man."