I've touted this recipe to most of those who care (and have thereby already visited this blog). But I will mention it again, and publish its recipe in all its glory of quickness (yet it cooks in a slow cooker... ironic)!
- 4-6 chicken breasts -or- 1-2 cans of chicken, drained
- 1/2 - 1 c. salsa
- 1 T. cumin
- 1 can black beans, rinsed/drained
- 1 can diced tomatoes, rinsed/drained
- 1 can olives, drained (whole or diced)
- 1 c. frozen corn OR 1 can of corn, drained
- handful minced cilantro (opt)
- dairy of choice (opt): package of cream cheese/1 c. sour cream/1 c. plain yogurt/1 c. cottage cheese/1 c. shredded cheese -or- 1/2 c. prepared milk and 1/2 c. Parmesan cheese
- Place chicken on bottom of crock-pot.
- Mix cumin with salsa and pour on top of chicken.
- Add remaining ingredients, except the dairy of your choice, and cook on high for 2 hours. Reduce heat to low and cook for another 2-3 hours.
- Place your fatty, low-fat or nonfat choice of dairy into cooker about 20 minutes before serving.
- Serving options: Serve with rice (jasmine preferably, yummy); shred chicken and use as a chip-dip; OR shred chicken and use as a taco filling (my recommendation: fry up some corn tortillas, mmm).
- Stuff you faces, scarf it down and "Fat-dog" it.
Leftovers make for great lunches, too. It should be tasty as is (aka. cold) for a salad, with fried tortilla strips to top it off. Enjoy! *B