Tuesday, April 02, 2013

flour blend (wheat)

[source]
I know I've talked about flour blends before, but I figured it deserved its own post...  Before we went gluten free, I frequently used this flour blend to get the most out of my baked goods.  This blend keeps your muffins and breads from being too heavy, while keeping them nutrient dense.
  • 1 part whole wheat flour
  • 1 part unbleached white flour
  • 1 part wheat germ
I never got around to experimenting with pastry flour, or bread flour, but these three ingredients are easy to find at your typical grocery store.  I mix it all together in a container and keep it in the fridge, to keep the flours fresh and free from bugs and to keep the wheat germ from going rancid.

This blend really helps with transitioning from simple to complex carbs, leading to an overall improvement in your diet!  *B

No comments: