So, I'm not a huge fan of meat. But, I do like me some shredded beef every now and then. I especially love Chipotle, yum! This recipe is pretty yum, too ;)
Adapted from Skinny Taste
- 3 lbs beef chuck roast
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/4 c. salsa
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1 medium lime, juice
- 2 chipotles in adobo sauce (or to taste)
- 1 t. adobo sauce
- 1 T. ground cumin
- 1 T. ground oregano
- 1/2 t. ground cloves
- 1/2 t. salt
- 2 T. brown sugar/honey
- 3 bay leaves OR 3/4 t. thyme
- Trim meat of fat, then cut into 4 inch chunks.
- Heat skillet over medium-high heat. Add a little oil and sear/brown meat on all sides. Place meat in crock pot.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a blender (except bay leaves); blend until smooth.
- Pour sauce over meat and add bay leaves. Turn crock pot on low and cook for 6-8 hours.
- Shred beef and allow to simmer in juices, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Serve with pico de gaillo, guacamole, roasted corn, and sauteed onions & green peppers.
Brad likes to eat his barbacoa as a salad. I like mine in some corn tortillas. Either way, it's darn tasty! *B