Thursday, April 28, 2011

Avocado Pesto

[source]
This super yummy pasta sauce is super creamy without the cream!    An excellent source of good-for-you fats, it's very quick and easy to make.  And it's so good, I didn't get to take a picture before it was devoured...

Ingredients:
  • 1 avocado
  • 1/4 c. pesto
  • 1/2 small lemon, juice (or to taste)
  • 1 T. rice milk
  • 1/2 t. garlic
  • dash of nutmeg
  • salt & pepper, to taste
Directions:
  1. Combine all ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth.  Adjust seasonings to taste.  Serve over warm pasta.
Due to the avocado, this is best when fresh.  And green.  Remember, green is good ;)  I just love avocados, don't you?  I think they're my favorite (savory) fruit.  And so fun to say!  Go avocado!  *B

1 comment:

Jen said...

I LOVE Avocado!
Great veggie ever!