When me and the hub were dating, we would regularly cook dinner together. One of the many things we have in common is our love for food ;) When we wanted to spice things up (in the food department), we'd make curry. We would add it to just about anything! Nowadays, we don't eat curry as frequently as we used to. But when we do, I'm always reminded of the good ol' dating days...
Made with coconut milk and curry, this dish is filling and full of flavor. Definitely a great addition to your rotation of ethnic/meatless meals. I will have you know that my littlest, pickiest and daintiest of eaters scarfed this down! And my older munchkin stopped complaining once he took a bite... Both parents were pleased, in taste and triumph :)
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1/4 c. carrots, diced in strips
- 1/4 c. zucchini, diced in strips
- 1/4 c. onion, sliced thin
- 1/4 c. red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1/4 c. mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 block of prepared tofu OR 2 handfuls of chicken, cooked and shredded
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 T. yellow curry
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1/2 t. chicken bouillon
- cayenne, to taste (opt)
- 1/4 t. minced garlic
- Heat oil in a pot over medium heat. Add veggies and cook.
- Add salt, pepper, curry, and stir. Cook for one minute. Add tofu or shredded chicken and mix well.
- Add coconut milk and bouillon, stir. Bring to boil, then simmer for 15-20 minutes or until sauce thickens. Add cayenne for some extra heat.
- Serve over prepared rice (Jasmine is best).
Go ahead. Allow your taste-buds to be wooed, too! *B