We made this the other night, with grilled chicken and roasted broccoli and mushrooms. Boy howdy, it's good! I'm proud to be an Italian ;)
- 2 cans of evaporated milk
- 1 stick of butter
- 12 oz. grated Parmesan cheese (the real stuff)
- salt & pepper to taste
- a dash or two of nutmeg
- 1/4 c. pesto
- 1 package fettuccine, cooked
- Heat milk and butter over medium heat until butter is melted and it starts to boil.
- Reduce heat to low. Add cheese a handful at a time, stirring until smooth.
- Add seasoning and allow sauce to thicken. Stir in pesto and remove from heat. Blend with a handmixer if sauce isn't smooth.
- Add a cup of sauce to fettuccine. Spoon additional sauce over pasta, chicken, broccoli and mushrooms when served.
This isn't the healthiest recipe out there, by any means. Your traditional Alfredo sauce calls for cream... I opt for evaporated milk instead. This makes enough for five people, plus seconds AND leftovers! So feel free to cut the recipe in half. Enjoy! *B