I love muffins!!! Especially good tasting and good-for-you muffins... And boy, does this corn muffin have it all! It's savory AND sweet, hearty AND moist. It basically rocks, but doesn't taste like one ;)
- 1/2 c. flour blend (white flour, wheat flour and wheat germ, 1:1:1 )
- 1/2 c. cornmeal
- 2 t. baking powder
- 1/2 t. baking soda
- 1/2 t. salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 c. brown sugar
- 1/4 c. applesauce
- 1/2 c. white beans, pureed
- 1/2 c. corn, pureed
- handful of shredded cheese
- In one bowl, mix all the dry ingredients. Add shredded cheese and toss together.
- In another bowl, mix together the wet ingredients. Fold the dry into the wet, being careful not to over-mix.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin tin. Bake at 350 for 22-24 minutes.
Add a little honey and eat alongside some awesome meatless chili. Whole grains and incomplete proteins, unite! *B