These are pretty easy. They're also pretty tasty ;)
- 1 can whole water chestnuts, drained and halved
- 1/4 c. soy sauce
- 2 t. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 c. sweet apricot chili glaze/sauce (Fresh & Easy)
- dash cayenne (opt)
- microwave bacon, cut in half widthwise
- Combine soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce and allow water chestnuts to soak for 30 minutes.
- Drain the chestnuts and wrap in bacon. Secure with a toothpick and place in a baking dish so that the water chestnuts are exposed.
- Combine chili sauce with the cayenne and spoon half of the mixture on top of exposed water chestnuts. Bake for 15 minutes at 350.
- Remove from oven and carefully flip the water chestnuts and expose the other sides. Add the remaining glaze and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
Sweet and salty. Crunchy and crispy. And this recipe makes a ton! Definitely a winner. *B