As if the name for this isn't pretty enough... it's looks and tastes as good as it sounds, if not better! It's that good my friends. Really. And easy, too! My favorite combination :)
- 4-5 roma tomatoes, diced
- lots of FRESH basil (a generous handfull otta do it)
- 1 can of black olives, drained & minced
- 1 small jar of green olive with pimentos, drained & minced (you want to have close to an equal amount of black and green olives)
- 2 t. minced garlic
- olive oil to taste
- balsamic vinegar to taste
- salt to taste
- 1 crusty baguette, sliced at an angle and relatively thin (like, 2cm, or something)
- spray/brush olive oil on both sides of bread slices and grill until toasted golden (with those fancy grill marks). I don't have a grill, so we used our counter top panini wannabe-grill. You could probably just bake them until toasty.
- assemble all of the ingredients, besides the bread, and give it a good toss until everything is mixed nicely
- stuff your face, in a civilized manner, of course.
- visit a crypt and scare off all the rebel vampires (good deed for the day: check).